August 03, 2010 | Posted by: Julie Cruz | Category: Uncategorized
I had a last minute reschedule this past weekend, and a test shoot (yesterday) for a commercial shoot, so I don't have much to post this week (which is a good thing on my end....since I have lots to catch up on, a commercial shoot on Friday,....and my busy season officially starts next week). Of course I didn't want to leave you guys hanging and post nothing this week, so I thought I would do a "random" post to tide you over until the next sneak peeks are up (which i'm currently waiting for a sweet little baby to be born ANY day now - he's due today! Good luck T!! Can't wait for our shoot! ;) hehe) :)
To start out the randomness. Here are my top 5 recent loves and hates.....
(1) PJ's room makeover. Mark, PJ and I talked about re-painting her room for quite some time now. PJ picked out the colors she wanted and we went through all of her stuff and she picked out things she wanted to sell and donate. We cleared out a good amount of stuff, made some money (for paint, supplies, etc) off of the things we sold....and we were ready to re-do her room. The only problem? I was leaving for Colorado that weekend :( After a 3+ hour flight delay, etc, Mark and PJ picked me up from the airport. It was nearing 11pm by the time we got home (and I needed to be up and out the door the following morning to head up to LA - and still needed to pack our bags, etc when we got home). I was EXHAUSTED beyond belief. When we got home from the airport, Mark and PJ headed upstairs first while I said hi to the dogs, etc. I finally got upstairs and out of the corner of my eye, I spied PJ's room (and PJ and Mark in there, smiling....followed by them yelling "SURPRISE!").....and it was completely repainted and DONE! I was in SHOCK. My awesome husband (with the help of my amazing sister) re-did PJ's room while I was gone that weekend! It was SUCH an awesome surprise (and PJ even kept the secret!!)...and they did SUCH a good job. I still need to take real pics of her room, but for now, here is a little sneak peek from the iPhone a day or two after it was done....
(2) Chick-fil-a sweet tea. Ok, so this isn't a NEW love.....but I don't care. I love it....and I always will.
(3) 2010 Audi A4. A few months ago, we traded in the A3 and went back to an A4. I've been driving Audi's since I was 21 (damn, i'm old).....and I love them. This is my 4th Audi (3rd A4), but it is by far my favorite. I love, love, looooove it.
(4) Each and every person who has been taking a few seconds to vote for me each day. Voting ends on August 31st (link is to the top right of my blog), so I would LOVE your continued support. I can't do it without you all....and I TRULY appreciate it :) I know it's a pain and it's hard to remember to vote each day, but I promise this is the last year i'll be doing this :)
(5) PJ's haircut. Not even so much for looks, but just for the fact that A) It is SO much easier to wash/condition/etc, and B) Her hair isn't constantly in her face anymore :) A few of her new headshots (with bangs)....
(1) Tension headaches. I've been getting them a lot recently (like right now). I've tried it all (massage, acupuncture, chiropractor, doctor/meds, drinking tons of water, etc)...and nothing has helped.
(2) Cancer. I've known WAY too many people who have/had cancer....and I wish it would just go away forever. My dad's wife is currently going through chemo for breast cancer (she had surgery last month), so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!
(3) Copycats. Inspiration is one thing. Blatant copies are just annoying. Whoever said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" was never copied numerous times, i'm sure. One of my favorite quotes that a friend of mine posted is: "It is better to fail at originality than to succeed at imitation" (H. Melville).
(4) Mosquitos. My husband says that I have "sweet blood"...because I am ALWAYS the one who manages to get eaten alive.....and my bites get SUPER bad. Uggh. Go away mosquitos.
(5) Our pug's breath. Seriously....it's horrendous. Who knows of a good (and decently priced) doggy dentist/vet in North County San Diego? =P
Since a blog post is always more fun with photos. Here are a few other pics from my Colorado trip :) Bella is such a sweetheart :)